Certification for Perl Essentials indicates that the signatory
has assessed the awardee's package and confirms
that it fulfils the requirements specified below.
Issue date: March 1, 2015
1. Tutor-bot checklist
The code has passed automated assessment.
The code behaves as expected without any major bugs.
3. Test coverage
The test suite covers the main functionality provided by subroutines in the modules - directly or indirectly.
- Format/indentation makes it readable by another developer
- Non-obvious code is explained in #comments
- Constant values are managed as informatively named $UPPERCASE variables
- Code is not optimised without justification
- Variable naming be informative and using $underscore_separated_words.
- There is no redundant code (aka "cruft")
- For testability, as much logic as possible is implemented in modules rather than scripts
5. Clear and concise documentation
- README: For pre and post installation, before running the code
- Description of usage with a --help option for scripts
- perldoc for modules and their public methods